Premier Bank Texas opens a Loan Production Office in Denton, Texas.
Providence Bank acquires Allied Mortgage Group, establishes the Providence Bank Mortgage Center and expands our residential banking team.
Providence Bank acquires certain assets of AOR Insurance Services, LLC of Indianapolis, Indiana and forms the Providence Bank Agency Finance division.
Providence Bank completes our first acquisition of the former Premier Bank and expands to Jefferson City, Osage Beach, St. Louis and Grapevine, Texas.
Providence Bank moves its main corporate office in Columbia into its new building on Forum Boulevard.
Providence Bank opens our fourth location on Fifth Street in downtown Columbia.
In recognition of its expanding market, the name of the bank is changed from The Bank of Lincoln County to Providence Bank.
Providence Bank enters the Columbia market.
LINCO Bancshares, Inc. purchases The Bank of Lincoln County.
The Bank of Lincoln County opens its second location in Winfield, Missouri.
Emil E. Hoechst purchases the controlling interest of The Bank of Lincoln County and assumes the roles of President and Chairman of the Board.
The Bank of Lincoln County merges with another bank of the same name.
F.F. Harvey assumes the role of President.
The Bank of Lincoln County is founded in Elsberry, Missouri.
The legacy of Providence Bank spans over 126 years. The bank was defined by the challenges our community endured and was built on trust and integrity earned through hard work and dedication. A shining symbol of our strength and stability, our 38,000 pound antique vault door from the 1920s, is a stoic reminder of the principles the bank was founded on and remains proudly displayed in our original location in Elsberry, Missouri. The vault door stands as a tribute to our heritage. Such history and magnificence represents our commitment to continue our strong banking practices.
Providence Bank's story began in July 1888, when the Bank of Lincoln County was founded as a private bank in Elsberry, Missouri. Two years later in December of 1890, they merged with another bank of the same name. A prominent member of the community, F.F. Harvey assumed the role of President, Joe Block was Secretary and Cashier, and J.T. Rice was Assistant Cashier.
The early decades were challenging, but the bank grew and took its place as a vital part of the area's development.
By the 1920s, it seemed that prospects were improving but the good times were short-lived. The Great Depression of the 1930s hit hard. The bank's losses were modest compared to other financial institutions because of their conservative lending practices. During this time the Honorable Clarence Cannon served as President of the Board of Directors. Known as a fiscal conservative and a staunch supporter of agricultural interests, Congressman Cannon served the bank until his death in 1964. The Bank of Lincoln County successfully weathered the banking crisis of the 1930s and remained a trusted member of the community.
The bank's roots were evident in its ownership, represented by local residents with a strong family heritage in Lincoln County. In June of 1972 Emil E. Hoechst purchased the controlling interest and assumed his roles as President and Chairman of the Board. For the next 34 years the Hoechst family guided the bank through a period of prosperity.
Over the years the Bank has seen many changes in leadership, facilities, products and services, but the primary purpose has remained constant – to meet the financial needs of the communities it serves.
In 2006, the Bank began a phase of growth and expansion, opening its 2nd location in Winfield in December of that year, located at the corner of Old Troy Road and Highway 47. In January 2007, LINCO Bancshares, Inc. purchased The Bank of Lincoln County. We entered the fast growing Columbia market with our first location in June 2007. In recognition of its expanding market, the Board of Directors voted to change the name of the bank to "Providence Bank." In December 2008, a fourth location was opened on Fifth Street in downtown Columbia. The main corporate office in Columbia moved into its new building on Forum Boulevard near the intersection of Forum and Nifong in July 2010.
In October 2010 Providence Bank completed our first acquisition when we expanded to Jefferson City, Osage Beach, St. Louis and Grapevine, Texas. With our first acquisition under our belt, the bank looked for new opportunities to expand our product offerings. In June 2013, we acquired certain assets of AOR Insurance Services, LLC of Indianapolis, Indiana and formed the Providence Bank Agency Finance division that focuses on business loans to insurance agencies throughout the United States. In July 2013, Providence acquired Allied Mortgage Group, established the Providence Bank Mortgage Center and expanded our residential banking team. A few months later in November 2013, the bank expanded our lending footprint in the Texas market by opening a Loan Production Office in Denton, Texas.
We are committed to our vision of being an independent financial leader within all the communities we serve, and we are excited about the many opportunities that growth brings. Providence Bank has 13 locations and more than 170 employees in Missouri and Texas and is positioned for expansion.
Providence Bank is still a vital part of day-to-day financial needs of the community. We continue to look for new and exciting ways to expand and strengthen our products and services while retaining the integrity and commitment that can only be found at a community bank. Providence Bank believes in supporting the community that has supported us by providing affordable home financing and safe investment options as well as supporting numerous local charities, organizations, and events.
Since our start in banking in 1888, to the technology driven world of today, Providence Bank's commitment to friendly, knowledgeable customer service, high quality products and services, financial strength and commitment to the community has always remained the same.
The staff and management of Providence Bank look forward to serving you and continuing our excellent banking tradition.